Cheryl has been on a dance floor since she was 4 years old; participating in dance teams and competitive dance until she was in college. Dance was such a fun outlet and a huge part of her life and she felt a huge void in her 20s when it was over.
Twelve years ago she was introduced to Zumba and dance fitness and began taking classes. Always a front row diva, she knew she needed more and decided to do Zumba instructor training in 2010. She has taught various dance fitness classes for several gyms over the past decade.
Her goal is to share her passion for cardio dance and help you burn hundreds of calories while having fun!
Join any of Cheryl’s Upcoming Classes for Free Virtual Dance Fitness Classes. Burn calories while having fun!
You can also catch me on TikTok, Instagram, and join my Shake it with Cheryl Peeps Facebook group. You can always catch a past class on my Youtube channel: Shake it with Cheryl.
Ten Fun Facts About Me:
- I am a mom to three crazy kids, ages 14, 12 & 5 (you may see cameo appearances from my daughter or my 5 year old dancing in his underwear on our zoom calls 🤣)
- I married my high school sweet heart and we have been together almost 25 years!
- I have been teaching Zumba-dance fitness classes for 10 years.
- I am an entrepreneur. My husband and I own and operate a CPR & First Aid training center, CPR Choice.
- I have struggled with my weight my entire adult life. Last October I decided to have gastric sleeve surgery and I have lost 100 pounds!
- I love to travel! I have been to almost every state and visited several countries. Always planning our next trip.
- I have a heart for people. I take friendship very seriously and want to inspire people to be their best selves.
- My spirit animal is a rhino! (I even have one tattooed on my back hip). I strive to have single purpose, charge at obstacles and goals with total commitment and develop thick skin to deal with the things that try to slow me down. Don’t get in my way…I have a horn.
- I started teaching FREE dance fitness classes on Zoom to hold myself accountable to my workouts and share my passion with others. If I can do this, so can you!
- I’m my own worst enemy. I can be very hard on myself. I am a type A, over achiever, perfectionist type. While this looks great on the outside it sometimes causes great anxiety and stress on the inside. I am working on my mental-emotional health too. (I know we all are 😉).